If you’re looking to buy a new ring, whether it be for yourself or as a gift for someone else, it’s important that you know your ring size before purchasing. This can make all the difference in terms of comfort and having the right fit, so we’ve put together some tips on finding your perfect fit!
To measure your ring size, you’ll need to have a ring handy. You can use a wide band sizer if you need a wider band or a digital ring sizer if you want to be super precise. But the most standard way of measuring your finger is using a ruler and pen to find the circumference of your finger (the distance around it). This method works best with round-shaped rings that don’t have significant edges or angles on them. If your ring has square edges, this process may not be as accurate because it’s hard to get an exact measurement using this method!
Measure your ring size during the day
- To measure your ring size, you’ll need the following items:
- a ring that fits you well and is similar in style to the one you want to buy (you can use this as a guide for selecting your new piece)
- an accurate ruler or measuring tape
- a pen or pencil (to write down your measurements)
Make sure your ring can slide over your knuckle
- Make sure your ring can slide over your knuckle. If it doesn’t, you need a larger size.
- If the ring does slide over your knuckle, you’re done!
Use the Wide Band Sizer if you need a wider band
If your ring size is between 7 and 10, use the wide band sizer. If it’s between 5 and 6, use the narrow band sizer.
For example: if your ring size is 8.5 and you are purchasing a wide band style, measure using the wide band sizer (8mm).
Buying rings online can be difficult. Here are some steps to make it easier.
- Measure your finger by wrapping paper around the base of your finger and marking the point where it meets. Then, use a ruler to measure from this mark to the top of your knuckle. This is your ring size!
- If you’re buying a ring that will fit over your knuckle, make sure it’s long enough for both fingers to slide through without touching each other or getting stuck on either side (unless you like that sort of thing). You may need to order up one whole size or even two sizes if you want some extra room when you wear it on either side of an existing ring.
We hope these tips help you find the perfect wedding ring! If you want to be sure that the ring will fit perfectly, we recommend going to a jewelry store. They’ll be able to measure your finger and pick out rings (or other jewelry) based on your exact size. However, if you need something fast or don’t have access to one of these stores near where you live then this article is what should help guide you through buying online!